Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Wednesday 11 March 2015

Jersey

I was born in Jersey (not New Jersey) so I decided to write a post about my home land. On most world maps you can not see the tiny island of Jersey that sits just of the coast of France -from my old house you could see the coast of France!






Jersey has a few castles such as Mont Orgueil Castle this is the main tourist attraction for the little island. Many Queens and King have stayed in these castles.
The population is 97,857 (2011) where as Hamilton has 145,700 (2011)!
The area of Jersey is 119.5 km² and Hamilton is 98 km²!
Although the Hamilton has been built up but Jersey is manly old buildings and some castles/ ruins.
Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. nice pictures xxxx love from Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really beautiful. I found the statistics really interesting. I wouldn't have thought it was so small, or that so many people lived there. I also hadn't realised that it was closer to France than England. Was there ever a dispute between England and France over ownership?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were many attempts by the French to take Jersey from the British over the centuries. Take a look at one.
    http://todayinbritishhistory.com/2014/01/battle-jersey-fought-6-january-1781/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for finding that article for me. It was really interesting, being written in an easy to read manner. Is there a regular ferry between France and Jersey? Do the locals make an effort to learn French, and vacation there?

    ReplyDelete