Welcome To My Blog

Welcome To My Blog

Friday 15 May 2015

Horse, Horses and Ponies

Horses are my passion so I thought I could share with you a little about this sport.

First I need to say horse ridding is a sport and is also in the Olympics.

Horses are measured in hands:
My pony stands at 13.2 hands which is roughly 138cm.
The horses at the Olympics are around 16 hands but the smallest is Stroller standing only 14.2 hands. He won a silver medal! ( In 1968)

The highest level you can get to is Grand Prix and in the Grand Prix the jumps measure up to a massive 1.60 meters by 2 meters. The Olympic cross country cross is 5.6km of jumps and water.

Me and George only jump around 80cm but hope to compete at 90 soon, which is were the real competition begans.



4 comments:

  1. Bicycling is still better, you can do jumps and bunny hop on a bike. I would be interested to see someone bunny hop a horse...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Bicycling is fun....
      But can you jump 2.47m on a bike?
      I don't think so.

      Delete
    2. Also would rearing cont as bunny hopping?

      Delete
  2. Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMB0QTDbNjU

    ReplyDelete